Vortex, the new incredible flip-up of the LS2 range, reaches and goes beyond the standards of elegance and comfort for a full face helmet. Brilliant and arrogantly styled , the new Vortex looks to guarantee the maximum security and excellent comfort to the user, but it doesn’t disdain fashion and trends. Its strength is in it’s 100% Carbon Fibre, the same used extensively in the aeronautical industry, Formula 1 and MotoGP, it’s an expression of reliability but also of absolute lightness, to make it the perfect helmet for the night and day, for the city streets or a cross country trip.
- Dual visor system
- Extra comfort removable liner with breathable hypo-allergenic laser cut foam
- Certified ECE 22.05
- 1390g ± 50
- Steel quick release buckle
- Re-inforced chin strap
- Multi-density EPS
- chin curtain
- neck roll
- multiple air vents
- Visor Pinlock
- For long oval heads
Each LS2 helmet, whether in fibreglass, composite or polycarbonate is composed of three main elements, the external shell, shock absorbing EPS liner and the numerous accessories such as comfort linings, method of retention, visors and ventilation.
The three main methods of production are as follows:
- Polycarbonate injected in a mix of ABS utilizing an exclusive process developed by our researchers named HPTT (High-Pressure Thermoplastic Technology Resin). This high precision industrial process utilizes moulds sculpted from blocks of metal weighing several 100 kilos.
- Composite fibres, combined with polymer resin which provide high abrasion resistance and are very difficult to penetrate.
- Carbon Fibre in multiple layers is also mixed with polymer resin. This procedure involves a process where the moulds must be able to resist temperatures in excess of 120º C
All LS2 visors are built with 3D Optically Correct “A Class” Polycarbonate, a space-age polymer with high resistance to impact, that avoids distortion and offers maximum clarity.
To ensure you purchase the correct size, use a measuring tape to measure around your head approx 2 cm above your eyebrows & then refer to the sizing table below.
XL 61–62 cm
XXL 63–64 cm
XXXL 65–66 cm